How is my sign made?
All of the items at Blue Birch Design Co are made by me. From digital designs, hand drawn details, prepping materials, cutting, sanding, priming, sanding, painting, sanding... (there's lots of sanding!) painting and finishing. It's all me. Using a mixture of tools and materials, but the number one tool that makes it all possible is the scroll saw!
How does your ordering and design process work?
When spots are available, the process is as follows:
- Purchase a deposit (for each sign that you'd like)
- Following the deposit purchase, you will receive an email containing a link for your custom order.
- Complete the order form in full (one for each sign if you're purchasing multiple) and submit it.
- Once received, I will create design mock ups, price out the remaining cost for your piece and get back to you within 24-48 hours.
- If we need to switch up fonts/colours, that will happen next. I want you to be happy with your design!
- Once we've established a design, your final invoice will be sent along with any fees necessary for shipping.
- Upon completion of final payment, production will begin! From this point, your piece(s) will take approximately 4-6 weeks to complete.
Do you offer shipping?
I sure do! Right now, it's just across Canada. Shipping costs are approximately $14-25 depending on size/weight and destination. I ship priority mail with Canada Post and work with them to get the best rates for you. Every one of my packages is shipped with insurance, and I do my very best to make sure they're packaged well. If you order arrives damaged in please contact me via email within 24 hours of the delivery date and take a photo of the damage and the packaging.
How do I hang my sign?
All of my signs (other than the name cut outs) will come with hanging hardware attached. All you need to do is find a wall in your home, anchor a picture hanging nail and hang it up! Please ensure that you do anchor your hanging hook. Blue Birch Design Co. cannot be held responsible for faulty installation. It is not recommended to hang signs directly above children's cribs or beds.
The sign I want to have made is quite large. How big of a sign can you make?
I can cut up to 48" diameter of rounds, 48" squares and up to 96" for rectangles. Name cut outs have a maximum cut of 30" wide (height will vary depending on font selection). Please note that I can only ship signs up to a maximum length/width of 30".
I'd like a sign to hang outdoors? Can you accommodate this request?
I get asked this question a lot! Unfortunately, I don't feel that I have the knowledge or expertise to confidently ensure durability and longevity of an outdoor piece. Maybe one day I'll do some more research and try it out, but for now, the best I can offer is a sign that will be well covered from precipitation. Ie. a sign on a door that's protected by a storm door or a porch.
I have received my sign and the colours and finish aren't exactly like it looks in the mock up and photographs. Why not?
Due to the nature of the materials used to create your pieces, wood stain and colours chosen from my colour chart may vary. I try my best, however colour and brightness settings on phones, computers and other devices may affect the true colour finish.
I'm not really sure what I want. I just know I want something. Can you help?
I LOVE custom and being able to jump into the creative designing process. There is no extra charge for original designs so if you're unsure about exactly what your end product looks like but you have a theme or idea in mind, let's chat!